Co-taught with Hedde Zeijlstra.
This course reviews the history of work on the operation Agree, and discusses the current debate concerning the direction of this operation (i.e. probes look down vs. up).
Plan for the week:
- Monday: The origins of standard Agree (Downwards Agree)
- Tuesday: Problems for standard Agree pt. 1
- Wednesday: Problems for standard Agree pt. 2 + a solution in terms of Upwards Agree
- Thursday: Arguments against Upwards Agree in the literature
- Friday: Revising the Upwards Agree approach