I am a 4th year PhD candidate at the University of Toronto, supervised by
Professors Merve Bodur and Timothy Chan. My research interests lie
at the intersection of optimization theory, analytics and economics.
Previously, I completed my Master of Applied Science at UofT and my Bachelor of Science in Mathematics at
- 09/2021: Our "Inverse Mixed Integer Optimization" paper has been accepted at IJOC!
- 09/2021: Our review paper "Inverse Optimization: Theory and Applications" is finally up on ArXiv (see below)!
- 08/2021: A new version of our "Inverse Mixed Integer Optimization" paper has been released (see below).
- 08/2021: I've been awarded the Ontario Graduate Scholarship and the MIE Group Teaching Assistant Award!
- 06/2021: I chaired the Optimization and ML Applications session at CORS 2021.
- 05/2021: A new version of our "Spatial Price Integration in Commodity Markets" paper has been released (see below).
Inverse Optimization: Theory and Applications
with Timothy C.Y. Chan and Rafid Mahmood
Under review [PDF]
Spatial Price Integration in Commodity Markets with Capacitated Transportation Networks
with John R. Birge, Timothy C.Y. Chan and J. Michael Pavlin
Major revision, Operations Research [PDF]
Inverse Mixed Integer Optimization: Polyhedral Insights and Trust Region Methods
with Merve Bodur and Timothy C.Y. Chan
Forthcoming, INFORMS Journal on Computing [PDF]
Prediction of Protein and Fat Content in Human Donor Milk Using Machine Learning
with Timothy C.Y. Chan, Rafid Mahmood, Rachel K. Wong et al.
The Journal of Nutrition, 2021
MIE368: Analytics in Action
University of Toronto, Teaching Assistant, Fall 2020, 2021
MIE263: Stochastic Operations Research
University of Toronto, Teaching Assistant, Winter 2019, 2020
MATH110/104/190: Differential Calculus
UBC, Teaching Assistant, 2014-2015
Past Talks and Conferences
- INFORMS Annual Meeting 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021
- Canadian Operational Research Society 2021
- MSOM International Meeting 2019
- Mixed Integer Programming Workshop 2019
Follow me on [Twitter]