This site is no longer updated. My new website is here.
-   Long-term Contextual Effects in Education: Schools and Neighborhoods
(Job Market Paper) [+ Abstract]
-   Quantifying the Welfare Gains of Variety: A Sufficient Statistics Approach
(with Kory Kroft, René Leal Vizcaíno and Matthew J. Notowidigdo) - Under review
[July 2017 Working Paper] [+ Abstract]
-   What Sets College Thrivers and Divers Apart?
A Contrast in Study Habits, Attitudes, and Mental Health
(with Graham Beattie, Catherine Michaud-Leclerc and Philip Oreopoulos) - Under review
[NBER Working Paper] [+ Abstract]
-   Language Skill Acquisition in Immigrant Social Networks: Evidence from Australia
Revising - Email me for draft. [+ Abstract]
-   Thrivers and Divers: Using Non-Academic Measures to Predict College Success and Failure
(with Graham Beattie and Philip Oreopoulos) Economics of Education Review, 62: 170-182, 2018.
[NBER Working Paper] [+ Abstract] Media coverage: Washington Post, Journal Métro
Work in progress
PDF here:   CV
Email: jw [dot] plaliberte [at] mail [dot] utoronto [dot] ca
Office: GE277, 150 St. George St., Toronto, Ontario M5S 3G7, Canada