SJD Candidate, 2005-Present
The Aging Workforce: Addressing its Implications through a Development of a new Legal Account of the Right to Age Equality in Employment
Members of SJD Advisory Committee
Supervisor: Professor Patrick Macklem
Committee Members: Professors Morley Gunderson and Sophia Reibetanz Moreau
Fields of Research
· Labour and Employment Law
· Labour Policy
· Age Discrimination
· Theories of Equality
· Pension Law
Additional Research Interests
· Constitutional Law
· Feminist Legal Theories
· Law and Film
· Law and Literature
Thesis Topic: The Introduction of a Modified Model of German Works Councils
· LLM cum laude, The Hebrew University, Faculty of Law (2001-2003)
Courses Intensive Program in Constitutional and Administrative Law
· LLB summa cum laude, University of Haifa, Faculty of Law (1997-2001)
Graduated First in Class
Teaching Assistant in Employment Law Course,
· Research Assistant to Professors Shulamit Almog, Guy Davidov, Brian Langille and Patrick Macklem (1999-Present).
· Research Assistant to the Task Force on Modernizing Income Security for Working-Age Adults on Income Security and the Canadian Constitution (2005).
Associate Editor of
· Law Clerk to the Honorable Justice Dalia Dorner, The Supreme Court of Israel (2002-2003).
· Teaching Assistant in Labour Law, Constitutional Law and Evidence Law courses in Israeli law faculties (2000-2004).
"Works Councils in
· "The World Belongs to the Youth: On Discrimination against Senior Workers and Mandatory Retirement", in Liber Amicorum Dalia Dorner Book (forthcoming 2008) (Hebrew).
ILO, Termination of Employment
Legislation Digest: Updated the profile of
"Interview with Justice
Dalia Dorner" (2004) 1
"Revisiting the Legal Doctrine of Age Discrimination
in the Employment Setting" in the International Conference on Law and
Society in the 21st Century: A Joint Annual Meeting of the Law and Society
Association and the Research Committee on Sociology of Law (RCSL) (
· "The Introduction of a Modified Model of the German Works Councils in Israel", at the Third National Conference on Social Policy in Israel, Faculty of Health and Social Welfare, the University of Haifa (Haifa, Israel, February 2006) (in Hebrew).
"Works Councils in
Honors, Awards, and Grants
The Social Sciences and
Humanities Research Council of
Connaught Scholarship, the School of Graduate
· World Fellowship Grant, the Delta Kappa Gamma Society International (2005-2007).
Yehoshua Governik, Judge (retired),
· The Knesset (the Israeli Parliament) Award for Excellence in Academic Studies (2000).
The Aptowitzer Foundation for
· First in the Faculty Award (1998-1999).
· The Meyerhoff Fund Scholarship for Excellence in Studies (1998).
· Member of the Executive Committee, Graduate Students Law Association (GSLA): Social Activities Representative, Information Services Committee Representative, and International Advisory Committee Representative (2004-Present).
Volunteer at the Advocates for Injured Workers Legal
· Volunteer in Latet (“to give”), Israeli Humanitarian Aid Organization (2003-2004).