VALUE INVESTING + OPTIONS WRITING + PATIENCE + COMPOUNDING
VALUE INVESTING (CORE STRATEGY)
- Aspirez Capital, a private investment vehicle, invests in undervalued and under-appreciated companies.
- Earnings and dividends of these companies often grow not only steadily but faster than inflation and the overall economy.
- These companies often have more than sufficient operating cash flow to pay for CAPEX, debt repayment/reduction, dividends and share buybacks.
- These companies are often held in the portfolio for a long time unless the fundamentals deteriorate or a better opportunity occurs.
- Aspirez Capital invests globally, with a primary focus on the United States, Canada, Europe, Singapore and Malaysia.
OPTIONS WRITING (RETURN ENHANCEMENT STRATEGY)
- Aside from value investing, Aspirez Capital writes options on equities, bonds, commodities, currencies, indices or ETFs when an opportunity arises.
- These options are very similar to an insurance contract.
- The counterparties are required to make an upfront cash payment to Aspirez Capital when an option is initiated.
- The insurance float, which can be defined as the cash payments (premiums) made to Aspirez Capital less losses paid out, could partially fund the core value investing strategy.
- If Aspirez Capital breaks even on these options, Aspirez Capital will have enjoyed the use of free money for a period time.
- Although it is far from a sure thing, Aspirez Capital expects to do better than break-even over the long run.
*Annualized return from inception to end April 2018:
- US portfolio 19.5% (vs 14.9% index)
- Canadian portfolio 12.8% (vs 5.0% index)
- Singapore portfolio 10.9% (vs 6.1% index)
THE FOUNDER (email@example.com)
Focused | Disciplined | Diligent | Contrarian | Patient | Loss Minimization | Minimalist
- Extensive investment management experience
- Deep dive fundamental research on companies in North America and Asia
- Funded by personal capital and high net worth individuals
- Double majors in Actuarial Science and Statistics from University of Toronto, #1 in Canada
- International Mathematical Olympiad silver medalist
- Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA)
- Past performance is not an indication of future performance
- This is not a solicitation for business
Copyright May 2018