"The trick to investing is to minimize losses. The losses ruin
your compounding rate & compounding is the magic of investing."
Aspirez Capital, a value investor, invests in undervalued well-managed companies where their earnings and dividends are expected to grow not only steadily but faster than inflation and the overall economy. Most of these companies have more than sufficient operating cash flow to pay for CAPEX, debt reduction, dividends and occasional share buybacks throughout various market cycles. Aspirez Capital invests in such a company when its market price is significantly less than its intrinsic value implied by Aspirez Capital's proprietary model. Aspirez Capital reasons that the market will eventually realize the true value of the company. Aspirez Capital often treats its investments as if it will never sell them unless the fundamentals of these companies deteriorate. In order to track all its companies inside out, Aspirez Capital manages only highly concentrated portfolios. Aspirez Capital currently invests in the US, Canada, Singapore and Malaysia.
In addition to its core value investing strategy, Aspirez Capital writes insurances/puts on solid equities, bonds, commodities, currencies and/or indices when an opportunity arises. The counterparties are required to make upfront cash payments to Aspirez Capital when the insurances/puts are initiated. The insurance float, which can be defined as the cash payments (premiums) made to Aspirez Capital less losses paid out, could partially be used to invest in undervalued companies. If Aspirez Capital breaks even on those insurances/puts, Aspirez Capital will have enjoyed the use of free money for a period time. Although it is far from a sure thing, Aspirez Capital expects to do better than break-even in the long run.
Essentially, "value investing plus insurance/put writing" is the gist of Aspirez Capital's investment strategy, which is believed to be an ultimate wealth compounding machine in the long run.
*derived from founder's investment statements
- Investment management experience within insurance and reinsurance industries
- Deep dive investment analysis in North America and Asia
- Funded by high net worth individuals in the US, Canada, Singapore and Malaysia
- Mentored by other successful value investors and senior management executives from various industries
- Proven track records
- Double majors in Actuarial science and Statistics from University of Toronto, #1 in Canada
- Mathematics Olympiad 1st Runner Up
- Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA)
Focus | Discipline | Diligence | Contrarian |
Transparency | Minimalism
- Past performance is not an indication of future performance
- This is not a solicitation for business
Copyright June 2015