Cheryl Wang’s Page
Applied Science and Engineering, Computer Engineering, 4th
year, University of Toronto Expected
Graduation April 2013
Developer, IBM Global Services January 2011 – August 2011
- Provided customer support to a major airline
customer. Performed multiple urgent bug fixes on the airline’s
self-service check-in application. Collaborated with a senior co-worker to
implement a new feature on self-service kiosk remote management.
- Gathered requirements from a co-worker, and
based airport navigation application. The implementation displayed the
shortest available path between any two points within a multi-level airport
- Designed and implemented a computer
performance monitoring system using Windows API programming. The system
was compiled into a DLL file; when being called, it continuously monitored
and displayed various computer performances such as active process IDs,
CPU utilization, memory utilization etc.
- Collaborated with another intern on my team to
carry out regression and smoke testing for a major airline check-in
application project. Test results were formally recorded and presented to
the project manager and the team lead.
- Set up Spring-Flex integration on Virtual
Machine image of Windows 2003.
- Assisted other coworkers by backing up Windows
machines with Symantec Ghost software.
- Assembled kiosks, installed operating systems,
- Java, Python, C, C++, Windows API programming,
software development on Windows and Linux operating systems, client-server
software development model, complexity analysis, inference algorithms etc.
Member, Final Year Design Project: Web
Integration of Holographic System August
2012 - Present
- Collaborated with two other students to design
a web interface for a holograph image generating lab at the University of
- Presented initial design solution to the professor
in charge of the holography lab. The design involves Python web
application on Google App Engine platform, a local Apache HTTP server, and
- Set up development environment for the
project; implementation is to be done throughout the next 8 months, until
Team Member, Multiplayer Pacman Game April 2012
- Collaborated with one teammate to design a
distributed multiplayer game.
- Used Apache Zookeeper to implement leader
election, membership maintenance.
- Implemented multiple scenarios to the game,
such as dynamic new user join, user quit, simulated network delay.
Team Leader, Server Design Project I April 2010
- Collaborated with three other students to
implement a socket-based multi-threaded server in C programing language
that received queries over a socket and updated a database.
- Tested the server against 50 automatically
generated clients concurrently sending requests.
- Formally presented the design and software to
the class and instructors.
Member, Server Design Project II April 2010
- Collaborated with
one other student and designed a basic web server which delivers an HTML
page to a web browser, an email user client which interacts with a local
SMTP server, and a UDP Ping server which generated packets’ sequence
numbers and receiving timestamp.
- Implemented the
designs using Java programing language with Eclipse IDE.
Organizer, University of Victoria Spring Festival Event January 2009
the venue, organized show rehearsals.
the event by greeting guests, maintaining event order, guiding the
performers, and making sure shows run smoothly.
clothing items using recycled paper and waste fabric, and modeled for an
environmental protection themed runway show.
Associate, Dockside Gifts
- Interacted with customers in a friendly manner
with brief introduction to the store.
- Generated sales by understanding customers’
preferences, helping them find the right products.
- Calculated and recorded daily gross sales at
the end of each day.
- Compared sales between several stores, and
analyze store performances.
Shiki Sushi Restaurant Summer 2006
- Greeted and seated customers in a professional
- Recommended special menu items to the
customers and took customer orders.
- Served customers courteously, and created a
- Member, University of Toronto Chinese Student
- Member, Chinese Student and Scholar
at University of Victoria 2008-Present
- Volunteer, Victoria Dragon Boat Festival 2007-2008