Media Addicts Anonymous World Service (t.m.)(inc.)
12 Step Program for Recovery from Media / Power Addiction
( media addition i.e.: internet / VR / fantasy / power fetish / money )
This is a Portal Out of The Matrix:
An oasis in cyberspace for the media / internet addict who wants to come home to the real world.
A Media / Power Addiction Recovery Program AKA: Power Addicts Anonymous* (t.m.)(inc.)
Contact a Recovering Member:
Phone: 1-(705) - 844-1888
Media Anonymous (tm)* is a fellowship of individuals who share their experience,
strength and hope with each other that they may solve their common problem and
help others to recover from the effects of media addiction or dependency.
"The only requirement for membership is a desire to stop compulsive bottom line behavior in relation to Media .
There are no dues or fees for M.A. membership; we are self supporting through our own contributions. M.A. is not allied with any sect, denomination,politics, organization or institution; does not wish to engage in any controversy; neither endorses nor opposes any causes. Our primary purpose is to recover from compulsive dependency on media and to carry the message of recovery to media addict(s) who still suffer."
"To open a meeting we pause for a moments silence followed by the"Serenity Prayer". May we have that moment now."
What is media addiction? The necessity for clarity v. popular misconceptions and "terminal vagueness*" - ViFrU media ethics foundation course - Ellul colloquy update
How to Start a Media Anonymous Meeting
Meeting Format for a Media Anonymous Meeting
see also: MeditationWalk.com
Half a century ago computer intelligence, relative to animal and human capabilities rated between a tapeworm and an earwig but an interesting comparison was made*:
“tapeworms and computers have some interesting points in common. In the first place both are relatively immobile – the tapeworm just sits there attached to the intestine, while the computer just sits …[in].. its air conditioned room. Both are fed by things that are not tapeworms or computers, and can therefore be classified as parasitic”
Hatch (1979) * ISBN: 0-671-42184-0 Pg.195
Advertisers report that AI now has increased in IQ to human capacity, but the question remains…has it become a more effective tool, or a more efficient parasite.
For the media addict this question is critical, In order to discern if media is life-enhancing or dis-ease inducing.
It is suggested that personal media usage be tabulated and categorized in terms of priorities, just as time management or spending tables are used for planning. If a library of material is sitting and occupying space ….how much does that space cost to maintain. More to the point how much life energy and time is being consume by junk media i.e.: meds, plug-in drugs, anti-nutrients …what are you getting for your investment? Health or Dis-ease?
The Twelve Steps of Media ( AKA - Power* ) Addicts Anonymous :
1. We admitted we were powerless over Media (i.e.: internet /VR / fantasy / power fetish / money )
--- that our lives had become unmanageable.
2. Came to believe that a Power greater than ourselves could restore
us to sanity.
3. Made a decision to turn our will and our lives over to the care
of God as we understood God.
4. Made a searching and fearless moral inventory of ourselves.
5. Admitted to God , to ourselves and to another human being the
exact nature of our wrongs.
6. Were entirely ready to have God remove all these defects of
7. Humbly asked Him to remove ourshortcomings.
8. Made a list of all persons we had harmed, and became willing
to make amends to them all.
9. Made direct amends to such people wherever possible, except
when to do so would injure them or others.
10. Continued to take personal inventory and when we were wrong
promptly admitted it.
11. Sought through prayer and meditation to improve our concious
contact with God, as we understood God, praying only for knowledge of
Gods will for us and the power to carry that out.
12. Having had a spiritual awakening as the result of these
steps, we tried to carry this message to others still suffering, and
to practice these principles in all our affairs.
THE TWELVE STEPS OF ALCOHOLICS ANONYMOUS :
1. We admitted we were powerless over alcohol --- that our lives had become unmanageable.2.Came to believe that a Power greater than our selves could restore us to sanity. 3. Made a decision to turn our will and our lives over to the care of God as we understood Him. 4. Made a searching and fearless motoral inventory ofourselves. 5. Admitted to God to ourselves and to another human being the exact nature of our wrongs. 6. Were entirely ready to have God remove all these defects of character. 7. Humbly asked Him to remove our shortcomings.8. Made a list of all persons we had harmed, and became willing to make amends to them all. 9. Made direct amends to such people wherever possible, except when to do sowould injure them or others. 10. Continued to take personal inventory and when we were wrong promptly admitted it. 11.Sought through prayer and meditation to improve ourconscious contact with God, as we understood him. praying only for knowledge of his will for us and the power to carry that out. 12. Having had a spiritual awakening as a result of these steps, we tried to carry this message to alcoholics, and to practice these principles in all our affairs.
The Twelve Steps are reprinted with permission of "Alcoholics Anonymous" World Services, Inc. Permission to reprint and adapt the Twelve Steps does not mean that A.A. is in any way affiliated with this program. A.A. is a program of recovery from alcoholism only---use of theTwelve Steps in connection with programs and activities which are patterned after A.A., but which address other problems, does not imply otherwise.
Media Addicts Anonymous World Services (t.m.) (inc.)
Media Free Times (t.m.) Vol.22 No.5a
Media Addicts Anonymous World Services (t.m.)( inc.) all world rights reserved
ISSN #: 0316-1447, 1195-759X and 1489-792X
(c) 1972 - 2016 Media Addicts Anonymous World Service - Media Free Times / HeartCalm (t.m.)(inc.) All World Rights Reserved
(c) 1972- 2014 The George Kasey Foundation Inc. / Media Free Times / HeartCalm productions communications / Media Free Times / Virtual Free University* All World Rights Reserved: Copyright Information Please be aware that any and all texts, images, games, pictures, photos, designs and other literary works on the Media Free Times websites have obtained legal approval for publication.
Please avoid reproducing or copying any part of the websites in any form without the prior permission of the copyright owner. The copyrights of any and all texts, pictures, photos, designs, games and other literary works on the websites are owned by The George Kasey Foundation Inc., unless otherwise designated, not permitting reproduction or copying of any of them without the prior consent of the copyright owner, which constitutes infringement on the copyright of the websites: (c) 1972- 2011 The George Kasey Foundation Inc. Media Free Times / HeartCalm productions communications / Media Free Times / Virtual Free University*
Without policies and practices, the message and intellectual property of Media Free Times / The PeaceMaker Virtual Free University* is vulnerable to being misquoted and having others use our materials in ways we cannot approve. We have formalized our policies for lending our logo, other visual representations and text materials to registered MFT_VFU* groups and others upon request. This information will be soon available at our website.