Some representative publications
- Hollis A, Grootendorst P. Patents and Other Incentives for Pharmaceutical Innovation. Forthcoming in the Elsevier Encyclopedia of Health Economics
(download article in PDF format)
- Faulkner GE, Grootendorst P, Nguyen V, Andreyeva T, Arbour-Nicitopoulos K, Auld C, Cash S, Cawley J, Donnelly P, Drewnowski A, Dube L, Ferrence R, Janssen I, LaFrance J, Lakdawalla D, Mendelsen R, Powell L, Traill B, Windmeijer F. Economic instruments for Obesity Prevention: Results of a Scoping Review and Modified Delphi Survey. Forthcoming in International Journal of Behavioral Nutrition and Physical Activity.
- Grootendorst P, Bouchard R, Hollis A. Canada's Pharmaceutical Intellectual Property Laws: The Case for Fundamental Reform. Forthcoming in Canadian Medical Association Journal.
- Leombruno JP, Nguyen GC, Grootendorst P, Juurlink D, Einarson T. Hospitalization and surgical rates in patients with Crohn's disease treated with infliximab: a matched analysis. Pharmacoepidemiology and Drug Safety 2011; 20(8):838–848.
- Grootendorst P, Hollis A. The Canada-European Union Comprehensive Economic & Trade Agreement: An Economic Impact Assessment of Proposed Pharmaceutical Intellectual Property Provisions. Journal of Generic Medicines 2011; 8(2):81-103.
- Morgan S, Grootendorst P, Lexchin J, Cunningham C, Greyson D. The cost of drug development: A systematic review. Health Policy 2011; 100(1):4-17.
- Grootendorst P, Hollis A, Levine DK, Pogge T, Edwards AM. New approaches to rewarding pharmaceutical innovation. Canadian Medical Association Journal 2011; 183:681-685.
- McLeod L, Shim M, Bereza B, Grootendorst P. Financial burden of household out-of-pocket expenditures for prescription drugs: Cross-sectional analysis based on national survey data. Open Medicine 2011; 5(1):1-9.
- Kephart G, Skedgel C, Sketris I, Grootendorst P, Hoar J. Effects of copayments on the use of prescription drugs in the presence of annual payment limits: can potential risks to patients be reduced? American Journal of Managed Care 2007; 13(part 2):328-334.
- Grootendorst P. A review of instrumental variables estimation in the applied health sciences. Health Services and Outcomes Research Methodology 2007; 7(3-4):159-179.
- Grootendorst P, Di Matteo L. The effect of pharmaceutical patent term length on research and development and drug expenditures in Canada. HealthCare Policy 2007; 2(3):63-84.
- Grootendorst P, Stewart D. A re-examination of the impact of reference pricing on anti-hypertensive drug plan expenditures in British Columbia. Health Economics 2006; 15(7):735-42.
- Grootendorst P, Veall MR. National catastrophic drug insurance revisited: Who would benefit from Senator Kirby’s recommendations? Canadian Public Policy 2005; 31(4):341-58.
- Alan S, Crossley TF, Grootendorst P, Veall MR. Distributional effects of ‘general population’ prescription drug programs in Canada. Canadian Journal of Economics 2005; 38(1):128-48.
- Auld MC, Grootendorst P. An empirical analysis of milk addiction. Journal of Health Economics 2004; 23:1117-1133.
- Lexchin J, Grootendorst P. Effects of prescription drug user fees on drug and health services use and on health status in vulnerable populations: a systematic review of the evidence. International Journal of Health Services 2004; 34:101-22.
- Grootendorst P. Beneficiary cost sharing under Canadian provincial prescription drug benefit programs: History and assessment. Canadian Journal of Clinical Pharmacology 2002; 9:79-99.
- Marshall J, Grootendorst P, O’Brien B, Dolovich L, Holbrook A, Levy A. Impact of reference-based pricing of H2-receptor antagonists and special authority for proton pump inhibitors in British Columbia. Canadian Medical Association Journal 2002; 166:1655-1662.
- Grootendorst P. Censoring in statistical models of health status: what happens when one can do better than ‘1’ [commentary]. Quality of Life Research 2000; 9:911-914.
- Grootendorst P. A comparison of alternative models of prescription drug utilization. Health Economics 1995;4(3):183-198. [Reprinted in Econometric Analysis of Health Data. A. Jones and O. O’Donnell, eds., Chichester: John Wiley & Sons, 2002; 73-86.]
- Grootendorst P. Prescription drug insurance and reimbursement. in Andrew Jones, ed. The Elgar Companion to Health Economics. Second Edition. Cheltenham, UK: Edward Elgar Publishing Limited, forthcoming 2012.
- Auld MC, Grootendorst P. Challenges for causal inference in obesity research, in John Cawley, ed. Handbook of the Social Science of Obesity. New York: Oxford University Press, 2011.