Education - Engineering Science - BASc
- Advanced engineering program for superior students
- Strong foundation in mathematics, physics, chemistry, computing and design.
- The Electrical option - courses continue to provide an in-depth education
- Challenging-- exceptionally high admission requirements (avg. high-school marks in mid-90%), yet almost half of those admitted drop out of the program. (which is why marks in the 70s or 80s are a significant accomplishment)
- Engineering Science students have a deeper physical and mathematical background than graduates of the regular engineering programs.
[some of these were written by the program chair]
[My term averages were 83%, 77, 78, 80, 76, 77, 83, 82 ]
- Even while achieving success in Engineering Science, over the four years he was involved in two student organizations and three extracurricular groups at the University.
- Chair of three sub-committees (2003-4), Vice-President (2004-5) -- Knox College Association
- Publicity Coordinator and Executive Committee Member (2004-5) -- Hart House Symphonic Band
- Took the initiative to digitally record two concerts, and edit and produce two CDs, which were sold as a fundraiser for the ensemble.
- Played a strong part in representing, informing, and encouraging the 70-member ensemble.
- Did the work of another committee member when he was away for part of the year.
- Has past experience with teaching, in both one-on-one and group settings. (public computer lessons; in a past employment)
Projects completed: (selected list)
University Research Assistant Experience: (Pro Bono)
Novel induction motor control system design and simulation design, for application to Electric Vehicles.
Paper submitted for publication.
(Accepted at U.Ottawa.)